Hello everyone! In my never ending journey of finding the PERFECT red lipstick, I stumbled upon this makeup line called Besame Cosmetics. It is a vintage inspired makeup line created by Gabriela Hernandez in the hopes of bringing back glamour and romance into the makeup industry. After finding this line, I saw that they are a good number of red lipsticks that vary in subtle shades and finishes. I got a few of the colors in lipstick samplers ($5 each) and wanted to share. Full size of the Classic Color Lipsticks retail for $22. I think I may have found my FAVORITE RED! Let’s take a look!
So I bought 3 lipstick samplers that came in a small paper box about the size of a matchbox. Each sampler came with two colors with three “match sticks” for each color, and I got about 2 uses for each stick. As for the colors, I got Merlot, Cherry Red, Red Velvet, Red Hot Red, Besame Red, and American Beauty.
Here are the actual descriptions of the colors from the website itself.
- MERLOT: Semi-matte brick red. Neutral enough for daily wear on any skin tone.
- CHERRY RED: Deep, rich cherry that can be worn as a sheer rose stain or opaque.
- RED VELVET: A deeper red suitable for everyday wear. Neutral and subdued.
- RED HOT RED: Marilyn Monroe’s favorite. A bold and brazen warm red.
- BÉSAME RED: True red with a cooler, blue-toned base—brightening and vibrant.
- AMERICAN BEAUTY: (there wasn’t a description for this color, so I assume it’s new) on me, it’s a very pink-red
Overall I LOVE these lipstick colors. My favorites are Cherry Red and American Beauty because they are different than ANY other reds in my collection! They are very creamy and have opaque color even as the tiny match stick and give the lips a stain after the color wears off. But mind you, it takes the color a WHILE to wear off to a stain! I can’t wait to buy the full size of these!
I hope that you enjoyed this makeup ramble! I think any makeup fanatic should have a good red lipstick as part of their arsenal!